Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Curser stuck in top left hand corner even after safe

Customer Question
restart JA: What OS X (Operating...
curser stuck in top left hand corner even after safe restart
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: yosemite 10.10.4
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i cant the mouse wont move
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restart in safe mode, change mouse, change batteries in mouse, different keyboard
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all the info i have
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Does the keyboard work ok?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but i am limited in what i can use the keyboard to tab across to as the imac (which is less than four years old) mouse curser is stuck in the top left hand corner. It seems to be a common problem people have and ive tried all the online trouble shooting suggestions and i cant seem to fix it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im on another mac in my office right now which is how im chatting to you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?

Ok, is the mouse laser on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its working yes. The mouse is frozen over the apple symbol in the top left hand corner so im able to click on the apple with the mouse and bring down the dropdown menu then I can us the TAB key on my keyboard to TAB down to recent items and system preferences etc. But thats about it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't connect it to wifi or anything. I need a way to re-boot it with out loosing any of the content on the hard drive

Ok - hold tight

Do you have another device you can connect to it remotely?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im working on my other desktop right now (im in my office and have this desktop im typing to you on and the broken mac on another desk)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But i dont know how to connect remotely and the frozen mac is not connected to wifi

I think we should get TeamViewer on your current one and you can connect to it? Could you use the keyboard to connect to it? Can you try another mouse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have Team Viewer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive already tried another keyboard and another mouse.

Is the mac connected to the internet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do i connect to the frozen mac with my new mac via Team Viewer?

Does the keyboard still work? Is it connected to the internet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the frozen computer... yes the keyboard works but I cant move the mouse and NO I can not connect that computer to the internet unless you know a keyboard shortcut for tabbing across from the apple symbol in the top left hand corner to the wifi symbol in the top right hand corner?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any suggestions?

Keep pressing tab it should highlight it then you can use the arrow keys

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats not working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there no force re set you can tell me to do?

Yes but you will loose data, hold the power button in for 10 seconds please.

Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer