Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPhoto icon has dissapered from my desktop, Um I'm not

My iPhoto icon has dissapered from my desktop
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Um I'm not sure. Where would I be able to find that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the firstd first
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not that I know of

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. You will see the version number there

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi! It says 10.9.5

In Finder, click on the search/magnifier icon at the top right and search iPhoto. Does it show iPhoto application ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I just try it the other way for now to see if I can get it figured out with you helping me. Then if I can't get it I'll have you go in and fix it?

Sure. No problem. I will send you instructions in here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it shows iPhoto application in finder when I search it

Open it and does it open ?

When you click on iPhoto app under the results, does it open ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it shows the icon again at the bottom row of my computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help!

Great ! The iPhoto is not deleted from your Mac. So what you want to do is, right click or hold down Control key and click on the iPhoto icon on dock, select Option and select Keep in Dock. That will put it back there.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,

You're most welcome. The iPhoto is not deleted from your Mac. So what you want to do is, right click or hold down Control key and click on the iPhoto icon on dock, select Option and select Keep in Dock. That will put it back there permanently.

Have a great day,