Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

What this running on my iPad mini?

Customer Question
com.apple.datadetectors.DDActionsService Version:...
What this running on my iPad mini?
com.apple.datadetectors.DDActionsService
Version: 184.1 (3.0)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

That is software that allows your iPad to understand email addresses, phone numbers and websites, etc.. that's how you can click on them and do things. http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/08/08/inside-ios-10-apples-data-detectors-offer-quick-details-on-music-movies-actors

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Understood?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike, how might I find where / what MDM enterprise software is running on my apple devices and I know it's managed because we have Microsoft Exchange and I see my devices in the user setups inside the Microsoft account however as owner/CEO, I'm NOT supposed to be monitored but I suspicious after my IT guys uncanny knack for always knowing what I am doing, where I go etc. it's a serious matter for me as I feel completely violated and must do something about the intrusion. I have 3 iPhones, 4 iPads, a MacBook Pro, and at various times over the past year I have found that they've been "disabled", now I think I see why and how.

What do you mean by MDM enterprise software? Just change all your iCloud, computer and device passcodes as well as email passwords then they cannot track you or see any of your communications...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also have a daily report or logs rather, which say 'awdd, Log- Sessions, and Log - Aggregated . Are any of these related to Microsoft Exchange ? Or what if any logs might be found under the Diagnostics & Usage setting which could indicate access, or remote access? I have some odd things which appear in my contacts regarding OS codes which I did not write and I have contacts which are not mine and it leads me to believe that he may have been logged in using my Apple ID and contacts merged ? Any evidence I can get is what I'm looking for because this is a delicate issue and sensitive under the circumstances
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By MDM I mean ' Mobile Device Management '

There is no remote access software for iPads. Not possible. If you do as I suggested they cannot access anything. Good reading: http://www.macworld.com/article/1160313/iPad_security.html

You could also use a VPN service like this one: http://www.raynersw.com/netshade.php

By default, all iOS devices aren't Supervised. Devices can only be Supervised during activation of a new or fully erased device. With the Device Enrollment Program an organization can wirelessly enable Supervision on devices it owns. You can also manually Supervise a device by preparing it with Apple Configurator 2.

Here's how you can tell if a device is Supervised:

• In iOS 9.3 and later, look for a message at the bottom of the lock screen saying "This [iPhone, iPad, or iPod] is managed by your organization." You can also go to Settings > General > About and look for this line of text under the name of the device: "This [iPhone, iPad, or iPod] is Supervised. [Organization name] can monitor your Internet traffic and locate this device."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike,
Sorry I had to take off quickly. If you can contact me when you are available again I'd like it if you could connect remotely.

I can't connect remotely to your iPad only to a computer.

If your IT people did not setup your devices and you set them up yourself there is no way they could be managing them. If you don't see:

"This [iPhone, iPad, or iPod] is Supervised. [Organization name] can monitor your Internet traffic and locate this device."

You should not worry. In my mind if you don't trust your employees then they should be replaced.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Do you still need help with this?

Mike, Mac Medic