Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just bought a new MacBook and want to move my Photoshop to

Customer Question
it from my old Macbook...
I just bought a new MacBook and want to move my Photoshop to it from my old Macbook. How does one do that?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The old one is about 7 yrs. old and runs OS X 10.6.8.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None in particular. I was confused because I put Photoshop on my original laptop via disc but there is no disc port on the new one.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Do you have a Time Machine Backup of your original Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've never used it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you ask about connecting to my device, does that mean migrating Photoshop to the bew MacBook?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry, "new"

OK that would have been the easiest way. There is no guarantee that Photoshop that worked on 10.6.8 will still run on a new Mac with a new processor and new system but we can try. You have to connect them both to the same WiFi network then use the Migration assistant in Applications / Utilities. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

I can help you by remote if you get stuck

Do you still need help?

Mike, Mac Medic