Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Same problem as others I see. Summary tab gone. I bought

Customer Question
Same problem as others I...
Same problem as others I see. Summary tab gone. I bought iPhone 7 plus. Backed up my 6+, set up 7+ and restored from backup. Everything transferred except my music and out of over 2000 songs 297 downloaded. So.... I downloaded the songs from icloud to iTunes on my computer and was trying to get them from iTunes to the iPhone. I reset iPhone to factory settings and when I tried to log back on to do the summary tab and "restore from backup, there is no summary tab anymore and I can't get to anything to load the music back on iPhone. The same 297 songs appears on ihpone, and the rest of the songs still appear in the iTunes library. Device DOES show on the sidebar and the "restore from backup" is greyed out.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: iiphone 7+; iTunes is 12.5.1.21;
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: iPhone is 10.0.2l The computer added a bunch of updates to Windows before it would restore the restore the phone to factory settings I noticed. I know the iTunes pages look different than before as well, but the smmary screen did say earlier that I was up to date.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know much to do. I've been reading other help lines but haven't found anything that addresses my problem. some said there would be an ad that you could close and then summary would pop up - I don't have an ad to close. My side bar is open, so I can see my iPhone device. I tried the sync iPhone, but stopped it because I was afraid the iPhone few songs would overwrite the many songs on iTunes.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's probably all I iknow to tell you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
10/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you attempt the following please

Open iTunes.

Go to the Store icon in the menu.

Click on it.

You will be in the iTunes store.

In the iTunes store window, next to three dots (...) you should see a an icon which is the Device icon

Clicking on it will let you select your attached device.

When you do, you should be taken back to the iTunes window where you will see the Summary option at the top of the sidebar.

Then try to restore the backup

Let me know please how you go.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard, I tried the above like you asked, and I could not complete your instructions because I never saw the three dots or the device icon. I responded back to you on my attempts, but I never heard back. Thus, I would like a refund, and I'll just reload all the CDs again.
Richard, Apple Software Engineer