Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My icloud is disabled. I need help, I'm not sure. This phone

Customer Question
Hi! My icloud is disabled...
Hi! My icloud is disabled. I need help
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm not sure. This phone was crashed and I just got it fixed yesterday. Then when I try to sign in to my icloud, it shows that it's disable for security purposes
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not yet. I can't open it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to do the security questions on icforgot.icloud.com and I've also tried sending email to my me.com address However, I can't use my me.com too
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please let them know I know the icloud email address and password. I just forgot the answers to the security questions. I'm not aware this can happen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/14/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the exact message you get, when you try to sign in to iCloud, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says your apple id has been disabled for security reasons. Please reset

OK. That means you will need to reset your Apple ID, quite simply. (The Apple ID becomes locked, when your account has been attempted to be accessed, e.g. by entering the wrong password, too many times. Someone may have been attempting to hack your account that way... unless you yourself were the one entering unsuccessful passwords too many times of course.)

The process may be summarized this way:

• Open Safari on a Mac.
  • Visit Apple's iForgot site at https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid
  • Enter the correct values into the First Name, Last Name and the Current Email Address fields.
  • Click Next.
  • ( If you have two-step verification enabled you'll need to enter the Recovery Key. )
  • Enter the New Password ***** Confirm Password *****

If this answers your question, please rate my answer.

If this is not sufficient answer yet, please let me know, and I will continue to help you.

Thanks.

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert