Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I could not remember my apple ID password I changed it about

I could not remember my...
I could not remember my apple ID password ***** changed it about 30 mins ago I tried it and it is working on my computer (mac) but it won't work on my Iphone I am trying to update my Whatsapp Application, but each time I tried the new password ***** the phone, it won't work. However, this same password ***** on the computer I am confused
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Today, 30 mins ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all for now
10/10/2016
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Please tell me how exactly you changed the Apple ID password ***** describe the process.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I logged on apple website and requested the option to reset my apple ID password.I was prompted to put in my Apple ID. I did. I was asked how I wanted to reset and I select email.Momentarily, an email was forwarded to my alternative email account. I immediately clicked on the link and reset my password.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Following the reset, I tried the new password ***** my Mac and it worked.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
However, when I tried to use the same password ***** update my whatsapp account on my Iphone 6, it doesn't work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried the password ***** couple of times.

Yes, that is the proper reset password ***** What error message do you see on Whatsapp?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it keeps giving me this alert: "Verification Failed. Your Apple ID or password ***** *****"

Please test the password ***** signing out of the Apple account on your iPhone and signing back in by doing the following:

1. On the home screen, tap on Settings
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store
3. Tap on your current Apple ID shown at the top
4. Tap on Sign Out in the popup menu that appears
5. You can now sign back in using the same account, just make sure to use the latest password

Let me know if you could sign back in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The password ***** bouncing.I think I will select the securely connect option to allow you get remote access to solve the problem. Is that okay?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me also add that I have been using two different apple credential on this phone. And both has been working for me perfectly well. Now, both won't work today.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there Miro?

It seems something is wrong with your iPhone. It looks like it is refusing any Apple ID you enter.

The Secure Remote assistance works only with computers and is not supported for phones, unfortunately.

For that reason, let's continue using this chat mode. I have several suggestions for you to try.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, fine. I am here.

First, completely shut down your iPhone and leave it powered off for 2 minutes. After that, power it back on and then go to Settings and tap on iTunes & App Store again, as I mentioned. Test both Apple IDs.

In case it still refuses to accept them, you can change the network connection and try to sign in again. For example, if you are now connected to your home WiFi network, you can disconnect from it and then switch to another WiFi network if available, or disable the WiFi completely and enable the mobile broadband and then check if you can sign into one of your Apple IDs.

Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried both log in credentials and I am not getting this prompt: "Verification Failed. This Action Cannot Be Completed."

OK. Are you able to fully sign out of the current Apple ID by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Sign Out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, so I change from wifi to broadband and I was able to sign in with only one of the account and not the other.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am now going to see whether I can use this credential to update my whatsapp application

Interesting. Sure, try it and let me know what happened.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, now here is the problem. Once I get to the apple store to update the whatsapp, upon touching the "update" button, the app prompt me to put in the password ***** the Apple ID that has refused to work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not the want that i have just used to sign into my account

That's because you haven't fully signed out of the previous Apple ID. Please go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign out from the current account. After that, go to Settings > iCloud and sign out there as well.

After that, sign in there using the other Apple ID that seems to be working now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, let me try that and give you feedback

Sure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Miro, I followed the instruction you gave and was able to sign in with the credential that's working.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
However, I went back to my Whatsapp to try to get it updated and I am still be prompted to provide the password ***** the credential whose password ***** ***** working on the Iphone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the problem is, I do not want to lost my existing contacts and the messages I have on here.

In that case, I would recommend you to uninstall Whatsapp and re-install it, but since you don't want to lose the contacts and messages, let me check if the contacts and messages can be synced back once you re-install Whatsapp. Hold on...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. I am.

It looks like WhatsApp re-installation won't affect the contacts since it uses the phone's contacts, but will affect the saved messages since they are saved in a phone, rather than in a cloud. For that reason, do no uninstall WhatsApp just yet, but check out these WhatsApp messages backup methods.

Link:

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20888066

If you can use one of the described methods to backup the messages, you can safely uninstall and then re-install WhatsApp on your iPhone.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Miro, I am so sorry for getting back to you late. I had some other demands I was attending to.

Hello! That's fine. Let me know what you decided to do with WhatsApp. Were you able to backup its messages and re-install it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With respect to the last suggestion you made about backing up my whatsapp content, that may not be possible. My current whatsapp version has expired and I was logged off automatically. I can't even get in to see anything unless I update.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Meanwhile, each time I tried to update whatsapp, I am prompted to put in the password ***** the Apple ID that is not responding.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have attached the four different screens as I tried to go through the process of updating my Whatsapp...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The screen short are in order of the process that I followed ...

Thanks - reviewing them now...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Miro. I am standing by.

Since it looks like there is no way to run the backup of messages through WhatsApp settings, and I see your iPhone still won't accept the password ***** the original Apple ID used to install WhatsApp, you can create a backup of your entire phone using iTunes or iCloud, and then extract the WhatsApp messages using a program called iPhone Backup Extractor.

The instructions are described here:

http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/blog/2014/jul/3/recover-whatsapp-messages-from-iphone/

Once you have the WhatsApp messages saved on your computer, you can go ahead and uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and then re-install it using the Apple ID that your phone accepts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Miro. I am going to try this and see what works. However, if it doesn't work, I will uninstall and re install whatsapp regardless. I will also complete the assessment on here to give you the credit you need. I must say you have been extremely helpful.

You're welcome!

Hopefully, the backup method I suggested will work for you. It is possible that the messages will remain on the phone even though you uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.

When re-installing WhatsApp, use the Apple ID that your iPhone can access.

Good luck!

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
IT Miro, Computer Scientist