Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I want to restore my IPad, but I cannot connect because my

Customer Question
Apple ID and password *****...
I want to restore my IPad, but I cannot connect because my Apple ID and password ***** been changed and I do not have the new change. I believe my Apple ID is still***@******.***, but the password ***** ***** I tried numerous times yesterday, but the only positive response is that the password ***** emailed to me. I suspect that it was emailed to***@******.***, but that account no longer exists. I supplied two other emails,***@******.*** and***@******.*** but neither of those accounts received the password. Can it be sent to either of those accounts or texted to my cell phone at(###) ###-#### Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
10/7/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This was no help at all. They are still sending my new password ***** a now non-existent email account. How can I get them to send it to a now existing account?

When you say non existent, does it mean you cannot sign into it anymore?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct

What is the message you get when you try to sign into it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
gmail simply says that [email protected] is not a valid account. Yet, that was my original Apple ID. I now have learned that the Apple ID has changed to***@******.***, but even after I entered that I was told that they had emailed the new password ***** me. Of course, I have not gotten it. If they would text me like you have, that would be perfect!

Chris, which email account did you use on the iPad.

You said after I gave you clear instructions," I was no help at all"..... yet it appears your not even sure which account is the reason one which is exactly what my instructions dealt with. We need to first do this hence the instructions I gave

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard: I went to the links as you suggested. When I entered the information they asked for, they sent a message that my Apple ID was apparently no longer***@******.*** but was***@******.*** . Using each of those ID's, I chose security questions to which the answers were perfectly known to me, but they kept responding that the answers did not correspond with what they had on file. I then chose the email response and that is when I got into the "loop" that they are sending it, apparently, to an account that no longer exists. Is there ever a live person customers can talk to at Apple to straighten this out? Thanks, Chris.

Chris, that link, what is the ID it says you have or what is the email address you see displayed on the iPad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The ID is***@******.***. My IPad is frozen out because I cannot connect with Apple ID. There are two emails on my IPad: ***@******.*** and***@******.*** . (This answer assumes I understand your question!)

ok, now when you try to reset the password ********@******.***

Via the link I gave

What email address does it want to send the password ***** to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is what I got:
Password ***** Email SentAn email has been sent to your email address, c•••••@gmail.com. Follow the directions in the email to reset your password.

ok, now what happens when you try to get into that email address?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot get into***@******.*** because they say that such an account does not exist. I just checked***@******.***, and there was no message for Apple ID.

ok, create the account for***@******.*** here

https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail?hl=en

Tell me when you have please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They say now that I have an account under that email address, but, of course, I do not know the password. I am going to have to cut short this session because I have a client here and need to go. Can we pick this up later? (With no additional charge?)

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard: I am back. Now that I have a new password ***** gmail at***@******.***, I could get into it if I could just get that gmail account to come up. Any suggestions?

ok, now try to reset the***@******.***

As the reset email is now sent to that gmail

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get to that gmail? They are asking for the password ***** and I do not know what it is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are still trying to send the new password ********@******.***, but I cannot seem to get that account to come up. Any suggestions?

you said they get sent to***@******.***?

thats why we did this, you're now saying this is not the case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I finally got into my gmail account***@******.***. Let me take a minute to read the emails from Apple and I will get right back to you.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I give up. I am going to an Apple store to get this fixed. No success here.

ok, but they will only do what I did Chris

Richard, Apple Software Engineer