Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I'm in the disk utility screen but everything that I'm

Customer Question
supposed to select to repair...
I'm in the disk utility screen but everything that I'm supposed to select to repair it is grey and I can't click on it.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm pretty sure it's Mountain Lion
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, and I think that might be the problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My screen would freeze when it looked to be updating. So I did the command+R and it popped up the utility screen.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried to reinstall the Mountain Lion OS X and it doesn't have a disk for me to choose when I get to that screen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

OK restart and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK… login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Let me know after.

Mike, Mac Medic