Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a Logitech create keyboard from my Ipad. Since the

Customer Question
I have a Logitech create...
I have a Logitech create keyboard from my Ipad. Since the latest apple update, I have to capitalize I and put in apostrophes for words like doesn't,etc. Anyway to fix this so it goes back to the way it was before. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Keyboard FOR my ipad.
10/1/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom. Check if it is working now.

If not, then go to Settings > General > Keyboard and make sure the Auto-Capitalisation, AutoCorrection etc are turned on. If they are already on, then turn off and turn them back on. Is it working now ?

If it still not working, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset the keyboard, WiFi, bluetooth etc. So after resetting all settings, you will have to reconnect the iPad to your WiFi network from Settings > WiFi.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried first two suggestions. I will try the third. Thanks.

The Reset All Settings should work. If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Dictionary.

Let me know how it goes please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cant ive im i still not working.Which dictionary should i set it too. Apple or the other or both.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Guess i think its something that needs to be fixed within keyboard.

What options do you see for Dictionary ?

If resetting all settings doesn't work, then it is possible that the keyboard isn't compatible with latest iOS. Can you disconnect the keyboard from your iPad, wait 2 minutes, then connect it back and see if it works ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive done that. It worked before the latest ios update.

I'm afraid Apple didn't include the support for this keyboard in their latest OS and may release fix in future updates. Do you have another device, like an iPhone there to test ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, keyboard connects automatically to ipad pro.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I will opt and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you. If they didn't, then you can contact or email to *****@******.*** and they will refund your account. I'm sorry I couldn't solve your problem. My apologies.

Note : Please don't rate the answer anything.

Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Go into your iPad settings:
Settings > General > Keyboard

Once you’re in keyboard settings here are three options you should enable:

• Auto-capitalization
  • Auto-correction
  • Check spelling

Another option is to reset your keyboard to factory settings.

To do this go to your iPad or iPhone settings:
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

You should restart your iPad after making these changes. If it not helps, please check this blog and try the fixes suggested.

Regards
Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already done this, and I see i've already been charged the $30. The information I received did not fix the problem. I don't think I should have been charged the $30. Please consider this done.

Sure, if we can't help you to resolve the problem and you are not satisfied you will get refund. One more thing, can you please check that you downloaded latest updates and updated iOS on your iPad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've done that. Thanks.

Okay, if so you should wait for next update to get the bug fixes. Now let me file this for refund.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!!
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer