Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iPhone-5 battery died. It will not hold a charge more

than an hour or so...
My iPhone-5 battery died. It will not hold a charge more than an hour or so. The device was working fine up to late Sat afternoon when I put it in my pocket where it stayed for about two hours. When I took it out it was quite hot-as if had been left in a hot car for a couple of hours. I recharged it to 100%. The next time I tried to use it, about an hour or two later, it was down to a few %
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2016
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

On the iPhone, can you please hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPhone restart and tell me how it now operates please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IT IS DEAD. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. IT WON'T RESPOND.

I understand, but this procedure can get it running again.

did you do the instructions I gave John?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have put it on a charger. I can see the battery logo with a red line indicating ~1%

ok, do you have another number to call as that goes to voicemail.

But if you see the logo, let it charge to 20% then try to turn it on now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The logo (lightening bolt) at the upper right of the screen that indicates active charging does not appear.
I am at(###) ###-####my office desk phone.

calling now

Richard, Apple Software Engineer