Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Do I need to grab something other than cpu?? I selling this

Do I need to grab...
Do I need to grab something other than cpu??I selling this stuff from ifixit
Arctic Silver ArctiClean
Arctic Silver Thermal PasteI do not know why are they used to put the cpu once again?
9/23/2016
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Thermal paste is an high heat conductive paste that is applied on the CPU and heat sink to reduce over heating and keep the CPU cool. Thermal paste can lower CPU temps significantly and this is important if you are installing new CPU.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please let me know

The job of thermal paste is to transfer the heat from CPU to the heat sink and the CPU fan cools the heat sink and thus the CPU as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
look thishttp://my.justanswer.com/question/index/0781291d79c949f3b9853633e3a04f2a?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&fromPayPal=Falsethat my problemMy question is what needs to be transferred from the old motherboard to the new
And how cpu proved a new motherboard?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
herehttps://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+Logic+Board+Replacement/15777Step 47 Logic Board AssemblyWhich reached the four wire does not exist in the new Logic Board How do I transfer

I can't open the question, but I see that you are trying to replace the board. Are you sure the board is compatible with your old CPU ?

Did you buy board and CPU combined or just board ?

And what is the serial number or model number of your imac ?

Re the article you sent, the step 47 is regarding connecting the antennas. My question is, what model of board did you buy ?

The reason I'm asking is, board of Macs released on particular year or for particular model of one Mac may not compatible with other year models or other models

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my imac 27 inch late 2013
3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MBi buy thishttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iMac-27-3-4-GHz-Logic-Board-2GB-Late-2***-***-****-No-CPU-820-3481-A-/131842318483?hash=item1eb26a2093:g:j3UAAOSwNSxVK5pO

Let me take a look at it. Please give me a few minutes

What is the exact model number of your Mac ? like A1419

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know . How do I know

It is printed on the bottom of the stand of the Mac

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please give me a few minutes

Take your time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model no : A1419

The board you bought is the correct one for your Mac. Re the article you sent, the step 47 is regarding connecting the antennas. Are you saying that your new board doesn't have these pins to connect the antennas ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is

They are the antennas of the Airport/bluetooth card. So you have to remove the Airport/bluetooth card from old board and install it to new one. Se ehere --> https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+AirPort-Bluetooth+Card+Replacement/15759

You have to remove the Airport/bluetooth card from old board and install it on new board. The pins are of the Airport card. Did you get the instructions I sent you ?

If not, see here --> https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+AirPort-Bluetooth+Card+Replacement/15759

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okNew motherboard has no cpu. I do I remove him from the old combination.
Do you use these tools to install it
Arctic Silver ArctiClean
Arctic Silver Thermal Paste
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how i use it is ??

You have to take out the CPU from old board and install it on your new board. For instructions, see this link --> https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+CPU+Replacement/15764

ArctiClean is to clean the old thermal paste from CPU. You can carefully clean with a cloth swab and no need to use the artic clean solution. DO NOT any water or liquid except the cleaner if you already have it.

When you install the CPU on new board, it is better to apply the thermal paste. For the amount, see here- -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excuse me please . I am afraid a little bit so I want to question.
Do you put thermal material remover in a cloth and I clear my cpu
Then he puts Tarmel surface purifier in Arctic Silver
Bearing on cpu and fabricators in the allotted place
Is that correctmy toolshttps://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Arctic-Silver-Thermal-Paste/IF179-010
https://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Arctic-Silver-ArctiClean/IF179-023
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the amount of thermal surdace purifier ??

The ArctiClean is to clean the old thermal paste from your CPU. You put this cleaner on a cloth and clean the surface of CPU. Once it is clean of old paste, you can put new thermal paste directly on the CPU. Make sure you do it like in the video I sent you. DO NOT put excess paste on the cpu

There is no specific amount of cleaner. Just put a few drops on the cloth and wipe out the old paste from CPU. DO NOT apply cleaner directly on CPU.

You have to do this carefully.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you may need to connect remote desktop
After four or five days

You're most welcome.

Sorry, remote desktop support will not help in this case. It is only useful for fixing software issues. So please don't accept that offer unless you need any help with software part

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent or 5 stars and click Submit at the top of this page. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Keep a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later via that bookmark.

Best Regards,

Seems like it is taking out the CPU from heatsink and fan. You can take it out from heat sink if you want to apply new thermal paste.

It is better to take it out carefully, install CPU on new board first, apply paste and then install heatsink

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. How is it going ?

If you are satisfied with the service I provided, please rate me as Good or Excellent or 4 or 5 stars and click Submit at the top of this page. Then only I will get credit for helping you. I will not get paid of the time and effort unless you rate my service. You will not be charged anything additional when you rate my service.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've bought oil No. T25 Torx Screwdriver 3,25 located at T25 Torx Screwdriver 4MM Explanation Is it correct it or have to buy ithttps://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+Logic+Board+Replacement/15777

The tools needed are already mentioned on that article.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that I've bought T25 Torx Screwdriver 3,25
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to buy back the T25 Torx Screwdriver 4mm

Yes, it is showing that you need to buy 4mm bits

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you

You're welcome. You can buy it from here --> https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/4mm-Screwdriver-Bits/IF145-200-59

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent or 5 stars and click Submit at the top of this page. Then only I will get credit for helping you. I will not get paid until you rate my service positively at the top of this page.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to do all the steps and I finished the installation of computer do you do I turn it on now, or wait time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I run it does not workArctic Silver Thermal Paste did not put directly on the CPU. But placing it on the other side and stick the CPUAnd put a lot of Arctic Silver Thermal Paste

Sorry for the delay. Only put a small amount of arctic paste as shown in the article I sent you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the problem you plug wire power button error may be.
Can you do to remove the device and re-installation of CPU

Sorry I don't understand. What error are you getting when you turn it on ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything that does not appear.
I use a battery to run the computer when you run the voltage does not appear on the battery and the black screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I do to re-installation of CPU and put a little Arctic Silver Thermal Paste

Honestly, I'm not sure what the issue and hard to tell from here. You will have to make sure everything plugged in properly and reconfirm the steps.

You can do the reinstallation. Make sure you follow the steps correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, but I hope that you keep close to help me
please

You will have to make sure you did everything in the steps and put all connections properly. I'm not even sure if there is any issue with the internal board or power supply.

Puuting too much arctic paste won't prevent it from turning on though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where do I put Arctic Silver Thermal Paste
. Directly on CPU?

It doesn't matter. You can put on heat sink or CPU itself. It just need to be applied properly and in a correct amount, like in the article I sent you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How is the direction CPU?
Do you have to put it specifically

Yes, it has to be in specific direction matching the board. See the CPU replacement article --> https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+CPU+Replacement/15764

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm done now is whether I run computer؟؟؟

Turn it on and see if it works

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does not work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can have holidays in the logicboard?

I'm sorry, I don't know what the issue is and it is hard to tell from here. You may need to take it to the store to get it checked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it possible that the problem is in the CPU? Is it possible that I have developed towards error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Computer does not have power

I'm sorry, it is hard to tell from here. There is no way to tell without checking it on another board.

Make sure you connected the power cables etc properly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You re-old logicboard and the problem has not changed

Sorry for the delay. Im not at home right now. I will get back to you when Im back

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1567;؟؟

Hi there, Yes, I'm back. Is your Mac not getting any power all ?

If it is still not getting any power, then it is possible that the power supply has failed or something related to power in the board and honestly, I'm not sure what it is. You probably need to take it to the Apple store to get it checked and they will have the required tools to identify and check the board and other components

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I detect it from home? I want a way to find out bugs

Sorry, I'm not sure what exact tools do you use to detect it. I've seen Apple use some tools to check the parts of the board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turn on the computer now. There is power but a black screen. There is no voice for startup

Try resetting the SMC and PRAM.

First reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down the computer.

Unplug the power cord and also disconnect all other devices.

Wait 20 seconds.

Attach the power cord.

Wait five seconds,then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Any change ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound when you turn it on.
I do'm doing what you told me in spite of it

Can you check if the RAMs are properly installed ? Other than that I'm afraid I don't know why it is not working. I'm not even sure the new board is working. It is hard to tell what the issue from here. Sorry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did no change

I'm really sorry. I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. Sorry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I install RAM? I have two Ram 4 GB placed first in the first place and second in the third?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you do to re-install CPU region of another

Sorry I don't understand what you mean

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i want re-install CPU opposite direction

It can only be installed in one correct direction, otherwise it will fail or damage. Didn't you install it in correct direction ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know the direction you've followed all the green squares and make it, as in the picturehttps://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2546+CPU+Replacement/15764

If you followed the CPU instructions correctly, then this is something else. I already opened this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
look I'm going to buy this and installed what do you thinkhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEU-Apple-iMac-27-3-5GHz-Logic-Board-661-8123-2GB-VRAM-Late-2013-KEINE-CPU-/261802647901?hash=item3cf4a7615d:g:ZjcAAOSwv0tU-XgQ

I'd recommend not to buy that. It is probably some other issue you are having. Your logic might be worked. It is better to take it to the Apple Store and they will find out the issue. I'd not recommend to waste any more money on this.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician