Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to reset the password on my son's Samsung Ipad,

Customer Question
I am trying to reset...
I am trying to reset the password ***** my son's Samsung Ipad
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Has never been reset, the ipad was hacked and I took it into Best Buy. They wiped the ipad clean. Now I am trying to set up the ipad again. I forgot the original password.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just help getting the ipad set up so we can use it again Also want to correct the phone number that is on the ipad.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
9/17/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To reset the password ***** the apple id for your sons ipad, you need to know the email address that his ipad was registered to originally.. Then, follow the steps below to reset the password.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your apple id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My son's e-mail is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My cell phone is(###) ###-#### my home phone is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I do now?

I tried to accept your remote support request, and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card blocks the tranasaction. A quick call to them usually clears that block.

In the meantime, did you try resetting the apple ID password ***** the link and i nstructions I sent, and entering your sons email address for the apple ID ?

On a side note, I j ust tried to send an apple id password ***** to the email address for your son. And apples system says that its not his apple id.

Do you know his last used apple id? the one icloud and itunes and the apple store was registered to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my bank just called me, I authorized charges. Try the charge card again

Ive sent the offer back to you to be approved..

Before I can connect, I need to know if you have a mac, or a windows pc that I will be connecting to and helping you on.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My computer is Windows PC, My son's ipad is Samsung. His email is***@******.***His ipad is connected through my Windows pc.

Ahhh.. So its a gmail account and an android tablet your son has, not an ipad.

Are you certain that t he forrest murphy gmail account was the one your son used when he originally setup the tablet?

I ask because, gmail / google does not have any reocvery information for that account.. meaning, we cant use another email, or a security question, or even a phone number to recover the password ***** that account.

is it possible that your son is using a computer that still has access to the forest murphy gmail account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I purchased the tablet last year. The salesman set up the gmail.com on the tablet. After some problems with the tablet, I took to Geek Squad at Best Buy. They wiped the tablet clean and now I am trying to set up the table again so that we can use it.

is it absolutely necessary to set it up using the old gmail account?

Have you tried creating and using a new gmail account in order to setup and use the tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
were you able to connect with the tablet ?

The remote session wasnt approved unfortunately.. and with that being said Theres no way I could connect with the tablet itself, not unless it was working and signed into the internet.

What I suggest, is creating a brand new gmail account. And then trying to use that to activate the tablet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

When you can, let me know if creating a new gmail account helped you to get back into the tablet.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you read my response? Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond. Otherwise please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, and to close out the question.

Dustin S

Dustin, Mac Support Specialist