Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

MY SAMSUNG IPAD HAS NEVER HAD A PASSWORD HOWEVER, IT

Customer Question
MY SAMSUNG IPAD HAS NEVER...
MY SAMSUNG IPAD HAS NEVER HAD A PASSWORD ***** IT SURFACED ITSELF WITH THE KEY BOARD ASKING FOR ENTER PASSWORD. WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE OF COURSE AS THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. WHAT WILL I DO.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Seth Merrick explains, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Seth Merrick explains
Seth Merrick explains, Computer Expert

Hi Joan!

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

This is Seth, a tech expert here -- I'll be glad to do what I can to troubleshoot your issue.

Q: Do you have the exact make & model of the tablet? That would be useful for me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SM-T805Y 16 gb S/NRF2G1088TEM

Thanks so much.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO THANK YOU

Haha, sure -- no promises, but we'll do what we can.

Some clarifying questions:

When exactly does the password ***** come up? I mean, what are you doing when it happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I TURN IT ON. IT WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING.

Understood. How long ago was this tablet purchased?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IS THAT $55 ON TOP OF THE $89

Sorry? I'm not sure I understand your question. Is the website prompting you for a Premium Service? If so, please ignore/close it for now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
aBOUT 2 YEARS AGO
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IGNORING IT

Thanks.

I see. How long ago did it start prompting you for the password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5 DAYS AGO

Got it.

i. Were you using it actively in the days immediately prior to that -- right before it started prompting for a password?

ii. Did anyone else have access it (that you can think of) during that time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I WAS USING IT ON THAT DAY
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WE HAD BEEN OVERSEAS BACK ON THE WEDNESDAY AND USING IT FOR 24 HRS THEN THIS HAPPENED

Great, thank you. That's very helpful. And what changed -- anything, no matter how slight -- that you can recall... in the day or so beforehand?

For instance, did you install any new Apps?

Or, were there any software updates?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY HUSBAND HAD SCRABBLE BUT WAS USING IT PRIOR TO COMING HOME

OK.

Anything else, anything at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I AM SURE NO UPDATES WERE DONE. CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GOT ME BEAT HOW YOU CAN FIX THIS FROM THERE???

Thanks so very much, Joan.

I'd like to make a request -- try following the instructions listed in Method 1 of this URL:

http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-a-Forgotten-Password-on-Samsung-Galaxy

It involves entering the wrong password ***** (5) or so times, and then choosing the "forgot password ***** PIN / pattern" option.

....

I need to go offline for a few minutes, but I hope to be back shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WE WERE IN SPAIN WHEN MY HUSBAND DOWNLOADED SCRABBLE. BUT HE WAS USING IT WHEN WE GOT HOME OKAY TILL THE IPAD FROZE ASKING FOR A PASSWORD ***** THE KEYBOARD ON FRONT PAGE OF IPAD WHEN WE TURNED IT ON.

Thanks Joan.

Not sure if you saw my above response, so copying/pasting here:

Thanks so very much, Joan.

....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK BUT IT WON'T LET ME DO A FORGOT PASSWORD ***** AT THIS STAGE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I DID ALL THAT BUT IT DIDN'T SHOW ME - FORGOT PASSWORD. WHEN IN SYDNEY WE WERE USING MY SISTERS WI FI FOR OUR EMAIL ADDRESS. DOWN THE BOTTOM OF THE LEFT SIDE THERE IS A RED PHONE SHOWING AFTER PLACING A PASSWORD ***** TIMES ???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I WILL BE AWAY FOR AROUND 50 MINUTES OK.

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the info; sorry that took longer.

So, to be clear:

You entered a password ***** times...

... and after that, a Red Phone appeared?

But nothing else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CORRECT.. THE RED PHONE WAS FOR AN EMERGENCY BUT THEN THE ENTER PASSWORD ***** KEY BOARD CAME BACK LEAVING NO CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.

and if you try entering the password ***** one last time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SEVERAL TIMES.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE IPAD IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. IT IS SHOWING UP ABOVE THE ENTER PASSWORD *****

Ahhh, okay.

That's very useful -- can you get it connected to the internet? Do you have wifi at home?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This probably would be when we left my sisters wi fi in Sydney and came to the country we still could not connect or do anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no the ipad won't let me do anything past the enter password ***** it is frozen

Most android devices, I think, let one "drag down" a menu from the top of the screen.

If you place your finger at the very top edge of the screen (or slightly above the top edge),

and drag or swipe your finger down...

... are you able to pull down a menu or options bar down from the top?

P.S. I mean to say, this should work even though it's locked!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the wi fi location sound screen rotation Bluetooth adapt display mobile data showing - but when I click on wi fi the enter password ***** back again and locks the ipad

... do you have another device (like a smartphone or even a regular phone) you can use to take a picture of the tablet's screen, and post here or send to me?

also:

What do you see if go to this website (on your computer, here) :

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

(maybe do the latter first)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where do I send photos to

You should be able to attach them here.

If you don't see a way to do that, nor a little paper-clip icon, then you can email them to me:***@******.***

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have emailed you two photos.

Thanks!
Meanwhile, please also go to this website (on your computer, here) :

... and tell me, briefly, what you see (if anything).

P.S. You'll need to login with your Google or Gmail account -- if more than one, please use whichever you think is likely to have been associated with the tablet.

Hi Joan,

I examined both your screenshots -- thank you, ***** ***** very helpful.

Are you able to login to your gmail account on the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you get the photos... log in on this site??? or where

yes, correct.

er, if by "this site" you mean the one you took the picture of

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do I get out of this to log on to my gmail a/c

out of JustAnswer, you mean? no, just right-click and open a new tab or window.

or "open in new window"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and logged into gmail a/c my ipad rang. but couldn't open.

thanks- I don't quite understand; can you clarify or elaborate?

Were you able to login to that website on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the site again and went to ring... my ipad rang for the 5 minutes and they asked me to then turn the ipad off. I will now turn it back on ???? no back to enter password.

So, to confirm:

You *were* able to login to the website using your gmail password?

... what happens if you try entering that same (your gmail) password ***** the android tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ipad just said Fon WiFi disconnected... ???

(be careful to use the Shift key on the tablet's keyboard if there are any Upper-Case letters, or symbols)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't.... got to go have dinner very soon. can this be continued tomorrow if so how do I save the site.

Of course Joan, no problem at all.

You have my email,***@******.*** -- *and* you should have received some emails from JustAnswer?

(check your spam folder)

also, yes, please do try entering your gmail password ***** the tablet password *****!

I'll be glad to pick this up with you tomorrow, for sure.

one other thing: you could bookmark this site.

if you're not sure how to do that, then:

if you right-click in the address (URL) bar on your computer, you should have a "Select All" and "Copy" options.

You can select all, then copy, then send an email to yourself (right-click again and choose "paste" in the email) with the address of this site.

Worst-case scenario:

If you're unable to get back to this tomorrow with me on JustAnswer,

then please **do not** open a new request.

Instead, send me an email: ***@******.***

and we will chat via email.

OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you talk on gmail tomorrow Joan

great, thanks!

I'll wait to get an email from you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Seth.. i am back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there or will I email you

Hi Joan,

Got your email as well.

Thanks so much, and sorry for the delay. I should have mentioned to you that I'm in the United States, and I wasn't thinking ahead about when we'd be able to connect again; my regrets.

Q: I'm not sure if you tried this, or if you did, what happened:

1) Have you tried typing in the password ***** your Gmail account/// into the android tablet?

2) What happens when you do so?

P.S. 3) What exact timezone are you in,

and

4) when (times of day, your time) are you generally available?

...

I'm thinking the next step -- at this point -- would be for me to call you by telephone (no extra charge) -- I think we could work it out a bit more efficiently that way... at this juncture.

So, what times (again, in your time) in the next 24 to 48 hours would be good for you for that?

Thanks so much for having been patient through all this... I know it can be a bit frustrating!

Mike, Mac Medic