Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have had a Netgear N600 router for at least a year and

Customer Question

I have had a Netgear N600 router for at least a year and never a problem.....late in the day yesterday I could not connect to my iPhone, iPad or main computer.....my iPhone & iPad show NETGEAR86 with a check mark to the left but the lock symbol remains constant to the right......I tried rebooting the router.....no luck......the internet connection is working if I connect it directly to my main computer.....all the lights are lit on the router as usual......router was working fine all day and all at once my devises couldn't connect.....help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you connect to the Netgear and go to its console (either http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1) in your web browser

Then sign in and change the wireless channel under wireless settings to either 1, 6 or 11 and test on each of these channels.

Do any of these channels allow you a wireless connection?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

how did you go with this? As I never heard back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't accomplish anything.....I'm going to buy a new router..... Thank you for your help..... Do not charge my account for the remaining balance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

but this was only the first step, there are additional steps to do.. I would advise you do these with me before trashing the router.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again thank you for your help.....I found the web site too complicated with pages popping up to join programs......coupled with the fact I wanted more initial help than you provided.....it was easier for me to simply purchase on new modem.......please do not charge my credit card any further than the $5 fee for contacting you.....I did not get the answers I was seeking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, sorry about the experience.

Ill organize it now