Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have my ipod touch connected to my powerbeats headphones,

Customer Question
but I cannot hear any...
I have my ipod touch connected to my powerbeats headphones, but I cannot hear any music. It was playing for a while, but when I tried to forward to later songs, it skipped over songs, too.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don't know. I have the newest ipod Touch.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. However, last night I realized the my ipod was not playing any new downloads, so I reset something using I Cloud.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You. Lol.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2016
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.

Are these Powerbeats 2 headphones?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I restarted the ipod. I have sound now, but it's only playing a handful of the 1500 songs I have.

First reset them, use the steps here:

https://support.apple.com/HT205007

Then pair them again, using these steps:

https://support.apple.com/HT204978

Then if they still don't play we will check what's going on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already did that. I think I need to transfer the rest of my music to this new Playlist. I accidentally must have erased my old play lists last night. How can I transfer all to the new playlist, in a batch rather than individually?

If some play, and others don't, it sounds like not all your music has been downloaded from iCloud.

On the iPod tap Settings > iCloud > Sign in with your Apple ID and the password.

Then press the Home button to go to the Home screen, and open iTunes Store.

Then choose Purchased. Then at the top tap "Not on this iPod".

On the next screen tap Download All on the top.

When it finishes downloading all your music they should all play ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says Cannot Connect to iTunes store....

Do you have an Internet connection for this iPod. Can you connect it to wifi?

If not you can sync your music from your computer. Let me know if you can connect the iPod to the Internet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am without a computer right now. I'm using my phone.

Ok, and can you connect the iPod to the Internet?

Do you have a wifi network you can connect to?

If not you could set up a hotspot on your phone. Let me know and I can help with that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can connect via WiFi. I am connected.

Ok now try the iTunes Store on the iPod.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Reconnecting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Bluetooth is connected, but my ipod won't connect.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I see what the problem is. It has only downloaded 70 out of 1500 songs. Why in the world would it take so long?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They all say, waiting.

Songs are actually large files because they contain so much data. It would be faster over a faster connection, but in general anything like music or video is much larger than a web page or document.

Do you know if this is a good wireless signal, and a good fast Internet connection?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how long should this take? All my music was there yesterday.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have a good connection.

It depends on the speed of the connection. If you are sure it's connected by wifi, and close to the router, then it depends on the speed of the connection.

Here is a chart from Apple about it:

https://support.apple.com/HT201587

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why, if all the musi c was there yesterday, is it being downloaded again?

The only reason it is downloading again is if it was deleted from the iPod in some way. There are so many ways that could have been done I couldn't say which way it was, but that's the only way it has to download them again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

DO you want premium service for this question? I couldn't do remote desktop to your phone. All I could do is phone you, if you think that would help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see. It looks like it's only downloading a subset of my music, too. Why?

Well, it will do it in batches. It will eventually move onto the next batch, until it has all been downloaded.

When it looks like it is finished, you can go back to the iTunes Store, Purchased, and check the section of purchases under "Not on this iPod". It should be empty but if not then you can tap Download All again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. The ipod is asking me to sign in. I changed my email and password ***** couple weeks ago, but my old apple I'd is still appearing.

You need to keep the same Apple ID to use the music you purchased on it.

Try your old password, if it doesn't work you will need to reset it here:

http://iforgot.apple.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I changed my password ***** it's not accepting the old one or the new one.

Ok, then you will need to use that link to reset your password *****

http://iforgot.apple.com

Did it accept your password ***** is it continuing the download of the rest of the music?

If this resolved your issue please rate my answer, thank you!

If you still need to ask a follow up question post it here and I will reply,
Sincerely,

David.

Do you have any further questions? Please take a moment to rate my help using the star rating, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sincerely,
David.

David, Mac Support Specialist