Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My calendars between macbook air and iPhone 6 are not

Customer Question
synching and all settings are...
My calendars between macbook air and iPhone 6 are not synching and all settings are correct. Every once in a while i get this message The server is currently unreachable or its name is ***** ***** “Google” on my laptop - never on my phone.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 10.11.6 - bought it about a month ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: let me look
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked all settings to make calendars is checked on cloud and phone
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where do I look for list of updates?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
9/6/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First on your Mac, open Calendars app. Click on File menu and select Export. Then Export the calendar to your Documents folder or any other folder for backup.

If the Calendars are saved online, then all you have to do is sign out from Google or iCloud from your Mac and sign in again. Go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to Keep or Delete stuffs, select Keep. If you only get Delete, then delete it. You will get them after signing back.

Once you are signed out, wait 2 minutes, then go to System Preferences > iCloud and sign in again.

Then go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Select Google account in left column and sign out or delete it. Then add it back again by clicking the + button. This will re-establish the connection with servers.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok - will try.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can't sign out as it won't take my password ***** turn off Find my phone....

Good luck

You have to do this on your Mac first

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid $30 for this advice? I will not be charged anything going forward, right?

You will not be charged anything additional and I will stay with you until we sort this out. The $30 you made is a deposit. And you only have to pay if I could solve your problem.

If you don't remember your Apple ID password, then you have to reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Once you reset it, use the new password ***** sign out and sign in.

Once you signed out from Mac, let me know and we can re-establish the connection of iPhone also.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the apple ID is correct - I went to me.com and signed in using it so I am confused. But on that page I hit "restore" calendars and it looks like iCloud is doing that. how long do I have to keep answering questions with you as it may take a while to restore calendars according to iCloud website?

The restore calendar is a different function. Mainly for restoring to a backup if you lose anything. But that may refresh the sync.

If that didn't work, then please do the steps below exactly as this will re-establish the connection with servers

Then go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to Keep or Delete stuffs, select Keep. If you only get Delete, then delete it. You will get them after signing back.

Once you are signed out, wait 2 minutes, then go to System Preferences > iCloud and sign in again. (Make sure you sign in to same account you used on your iPhone, in Settings > iCloud)

Then go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Select Google account in left column and sign out or delete it. Then add it back again by clicking the + button. This will re-establish the connection with Google servers (if you are syncing with Google as well).

Once you did the above steps, you have to re-estalbish the connection with iPhone as well. For that, on the iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud. Sign out and then sign in back.

BTW take your time and you can ask as many follow up questions you want without any additional charge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - I cannot get passed Find My Phone as it will not take my password ***** I know is correct as I put it in on the website and on the laptop when asked ?to make changes"....but Find My Phone won't recognize it.

That is strange. That could be the issue why it is not syncing. Can you reset the password (of the account/ID showing at the top) and see if it accepts the new one ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok - changed iCloud password ***** and Find My Phone still does not accept it. I need to leave for an appointment. Sorry we couldn't get this resolved. Something is wrong. Thank for the tying to help.

Instead of sign out, can you try turning off Calendar and turning it back on ?

We can continue later. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later and continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Also do a soft reset on iPhone. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will soft reset it.

You can do it when you are back. This question will not be closed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried that with iPhone before I emailed you.

Try turning off Calendar and turning it back on. I just don't understand why Find My iphone isn't accept the password. Is Internet working on it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yep - how do I change my gmail password ***** that icon is changed?

You can reset Gmail password ***** here --> https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks - I did that. will get back to you later. thanks

No problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I made a genius bar appt because now my contacts are synching - there is a problem with my apple ID - so you can't help me but thanks for trying.

You're welcome and sorry I couldn't solve your problem. if there is any account related issue, then it is better to call Apple online instead of genius bar.

Best regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician