Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I'm running OS X E Capitan 10.11.6. My incoming mail is

Customer Question

I'm running OS X E Capitan 10.11.6. My incoming mail is going into wrong mailbox.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OS X E Capitan 10.11.6.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: many have been installed automatically
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebuilding mailbox and deleting the mailbox that incoming mail is going into.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the issue is with Rules. Go to Mail menu, Preferences > Rules and check if there are any rules doing that. If so, delete them

Also have you tried deleting the email account from Mail and adding it back ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow I will try deleting all of my rules and add them back later, although I did check each one and didn't see a problem. lf that doesn't work I will try deleting the email account and adding it back.Thank you Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Also It is possible that the Mail database or preferences got corrupted. Quit Mail if it is open. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will open the Library folder of your user account. Open the Preferences folder. Trash the files starting with com.apple.mail....

Close that window. Then again in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will open the Library folder of your user account. Open Containers folder and trash the folder com.apple.mail

Doing this will reset all the preferences, rules etc. So make sue sure you note down your rules

(note : don't empty the trash)

This is to rule out corrupted preferences. Let me know how it goes..

Good Night,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I certainly will let you know. Thank again and good night.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Thank you !

(no need to reply back now)