Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I'm running Windows 10 with Norton as my AV and firewall.

Customer Question
Hi I'm running Windows 10...
Hi I'm running Windows 10 with Norton as my AV and firewall. For past 10 days or so iTunes keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet but I am. At that time I was able to contact Apple support and they said it was a firewall issue. I contacted Norton and they did loads of checks and say it isn't a firewall issue as when firewall is switched off I still couldn't access the iTunes store. On their recommendation I uninstalled Norton, uninstalled iTunes, re-installed iTunes and then reinstalled Norton. It worked for a short while. It works sporadically. Can you help? Thanks
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: I haven't done that but I am connected to the internet as I am using the PC where I have the issues.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've switched off and rebooted both the PC and Modem 2 or 3 times. I've followed the advice from Apple and Norton help, more than that my knowledge doesn't go.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What then?
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/31/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Mac_Martin
Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, welcome

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows. Before we go any further how much is this going to ,cost?

I'll send you a quote for a remote session now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No offence but I'm not entirely happy with this. Therefore if it has cost me £3.00 to get this far I can write this off. How do I cancel the subscription please?

If you haven't clicked on the subscription offer there is no subscription.

May I know what you aren't happy about? This is a paid service as we are all certified professionals.

You mentioned you contacted Norton, which do provide assistance as far as I know but their technicians aren't very knowledgeable about computers as they are only trained on how to install/uninstall their software.

As far as I know, if you want quality service it won't be free.

You may cancel your question and obtain a refund at any time using the following link:

ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Mike, Mac Medic