Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac Book Pro using OS 10.9.5. My iOmega external

Customer Question

I have a Mac Book Pro using OS 10.9.5. My iOmega external hard drive is not showing up on the finder or desktop. The last time I used it, was possibly as long as a year ago. In the meantime, I have been using a different hard drive which is showing up fine. I switched firewire cables, and it still does not show up.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you also, in the last year, perhaps updated the MAC OS X version from 10.8 or earlier? that could cause the problem, perhaps.

Is the 'different hard drive' you've been using, an external hard drive? in case that detail matters to the case...

Let me know, please. Thanks.