Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My apple ipod, 1st generation, had locked up, the message

Customer Question
hi, my apple ipod, 1st...
hi, my apple ipod, 1st generation, had locked up , the message onscreen reads try again in 24 295 626 minutes. how can I unlock my device?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/27/2016
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi Christina,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Do you have a computer with iTunes software installed on it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

okay, do you have a windows or mac computer that you can install the software on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can download if needed yes

okay, this sounds like you will need to use iTunes to restore the iPod.

Follow these steps please> Download and install iTunes on your computer from iTunes.com

Then you will need to use DFU mode on the iPod to restore.

1. Connect your iPod to your computer
  2. Turn your iPod off
  3. For 10 seconds, hold both the Home and Power buttons
  4. While still holding the home button down, release the power button only, Continue to hold the home button down for an additional 10 seconds.

Then restore your iPod.

Let me know how it goes please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

your welcome!

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried the method you suggested , the iPod refuses to power back up now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I powered it back up, but the message is the same
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wondering if also because the old account was hacked , I also have not been able to recover that, and use my old normal account that the iPod was signed up with?

Yes, if it's locked it will have to be unlocked with the original account that it is locked to.

tyroneboman
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius