Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

We have a company MacBook Pro (S/N C02LW51FFD59) that was

Customer Question

We have a company MacBook Pro (S/N C02LW51FFD59) that was setup by a remote user to use their personal Apple ID. Is there a straight forward way to change the Apple ID associated with a machine that doesn't require interaction with the former user? We want to change the associated Apple ID to a corporate id for support reasons.
Patrick W. Foster (###) ###-####ext 122 (###) ###-####(cell)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick,

Pull down the Apple menu and go to “System Preferences”

Choose “iCloud

Click the “Sign Out”

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. That did not do the trick. Still getting prompted for the old user's Apple ID when I hit update.The old user's account still exists on the machine, should I login to that account and try the same exercise.pwf
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will need to do the steps on their account. Please log into that account and do the same steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no joy....I had changed the user's password ***** he left the company, but when I attempt the op you suggest, its asking me for a keychain password ***** I don't seem to be able to manage (tried using the keychain access app in Utilities).pwf
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Try this on his account..

1. Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
  4. Authenticate with the account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access then Restart your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as requested. At login, got prompted to a) continue login b) setup new keychain c) reset keychain password. Only the middle choice got me anywhere, but I kept getting prompted for keychain passwords to accountsd, comm manager, etc. Fortunately, the former user called and we deleted the machine from his appleid registry, so we rendered the issue moot.
No need to continue with this question, as another path was followed.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Great to hear!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.