Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I'm trying to make it porn free....problems with 16 year old

Customer Question
son JA: What kind of computer...
I'm trying to make it porn free....problems with 16 year old son
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: macbook pro
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure, why?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm in Canada
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When he was younger I tried parental controls but they make using the computer nearly impossible without interruption. Yesterday I started loading website lists into my host file, but even though there were 18000 sites in the list, I still find all kinds of porn in a simple google search.

So do you want to block all porn websites is that your question please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would prefer that my internet provider would let me unsubscribe from pornography websites (similar to how we subscribe to channels on our television)

What is your internet provider?

What is the name of your Internet Service Provider please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
telus, they have a place online where I can add websites that I want to block. I could do this if I had access to a frequently updated list of porn websites

I would suggest you to install a third party tool to filter porn website and search keys :

you can download it from below :

https://www.netnanny.com/

also you can contact telus ISP and ask them to block porn contents, please click on the link below to contact them :

http://business.telus.com/en/business/support

let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Do you still need help please?

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Mike, Mac Medic