Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I downloaded all my photos my eye library to a Mac hard

Customer Question
drive Mac passport anyway and...
I downloaded all my photos my eye library to a Mac hard drive Mac passport anyway and right in the middle of it if it was going to download my whole Mac onto my hard drive and I didn't wanted to so I pushed off and now my photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable so I can't get my pictures at all
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac book air Osx
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am so clueless I have no idea what to do I tried to shut down my computer and started over then I tried to Close Iphoto and open holding option command buttons
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I just backed my pool Mac up to this hard drive external hard drive and I didn't want to so I'd like to know how to undo that to
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
8/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please give me further details so I can assist.

Did you copy your photos from your mac to an external hard drive (the passport), or did you move them. Moving would be removing them from your computer's hard drive after copying to your external hard drive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know. I downloaded them to my passport the other day and then today I was going to open it up and download some more and it said it was wanting to back up my whole Mac onto my external hard drive and then I said yes and then I realized what was happening my whole Mac was going to be downloaded and so I turned off my time machine right in the middle of it and now it says that I either lost my photos or the program is still running
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I remove them from my computer and they're on my hard drive when I pull up my passport for Mac it shows that iPhoto library when I pull that up it says your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable. I tried all the troubleshooting but one it says you can also try restoring your photo library from a back up I have no idea how to do that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still helping me

Sorry for the deiay in response.

Yes, I am still helping you, but the only way I'm going to be able to continue troubleshooting is with a remote connection to your computer so I can see if I can your photos. If you want to do this, please accept the offer I'm sending. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you! I rather take it to Best Buy! Thanks and if you guys charged me the 5.00 I'd like a refund.
Mike, Mac Medic