Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am stuck with my MAC i have tried everything, it is 10.8.0

Customer Question
Hi there JA: Hello. What do...
Hi there
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I am stuck with my MAC i have tried everything
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: it is 10.8.0 It is my uncles machine and it is not booting it is stuck on Loading bar apple i cant access Command R for some reason , so no way to get in to recovery mode it does notr start in safe mode either only thing i can do is Verbose mode or Singleuser mode
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Command + Option + R + P it works / restarts but does not solves the problem cant get into safe mode, can not get into recovery mode i do have a usb with yosemite bootable but no way to boot from usb either
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: all that i have told u is the story i am facing from last 2 days
JA: Thank you.
Customer: thank you , so i should wait?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you start the mac, please hold the left shift key to try and boot into safe mode. Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi there .. i am on my machine now .. and desperately need to fix this one

I understand. When you get it to boot up, as SOON as it boots up hold down left shift key. What happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing happens it still takes me to grey screen where its just the apple logo
unable to get into safemode.. i have been troubleshooting from yesterday nonstop 24 hrs lol ..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Safemode - Shift alone does not work
Command + R - Does not work
Command + Option + R Does not work
Internet Recovery - Does not work ..Command+Option+R+P - Works but does not change/solve anything
Can get into Verbose Mode -
Can get into Singleuser Mode -

When you first start it again, and only hold down option, what happens?

Also, do you have another mac and an 8gb usb drive?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i run FSCK ...this is the error i am facing volume Macintosh hd could not be verified completely /dev/rdisk0s2 exited with singnal 8...I think this is the cause of My machine

Can you tell me the model of mac it is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do have another mac & a USB Drive .. But as i said this one which is not working is unable to get into recovery or boot from USB mode
I already have Yosemite Bootable I made in 16Gb pen drive .. i am also not worried about data in this machine .. i ok with HARD format everything and reinstall OS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
iMac 2011 , 10.8.0

What do you see if you hold down just the option key when starting the mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it shows Macintosh HD with icon

Perfect. Now plug in the usb, power on and hold option. What do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Usb was already plugged..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just tried other usb ports ..same ..it just shows the hardrive when holding on the option/power on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
by the way usb ports are ok .. bcs wired keyword and mouse are pugged and working finr all 4 ports

Then we need a usb that is formatted the way we need. What usb did you use?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
16 GB Sandisk Pendrive.. I used Transmac on Windows PC to make bootable pen drive for MAC

If you have come this far, this will seem repetitious, but it is what we need to get the usb to boot. It needs to be done

from your other mac. Not your windows.

Note that whichever method you use, you need a hard drive or thumb drive (USB stick) at least 5GB in size (an 8GB flash drive works well), and it must be formatted with a GUID Partition Table.

Please follow this article to create the drive so we can repair your other mac.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1167857/software-system/how-to-make-a-bootable-mountain-lion-install-drive.html

These issues often take time. I wont leave you until we come to a final resolution for you either way.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you want me to make the USB and come back ? will u wait ? or how is it going to work ?

Also, i wanted to let you know, you can purchase this for 15 on amazon fully loaded and ready.

That is quite a bit of work.

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-10-8-Install-Recovery-Bootable/dp/B01F2R332C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471878262&sr=8-1&keywords=osx+10.8+recovery

Did you want to create it or purchase it?

The only way it wouldnt see your usb is if it isnt formatted properly, or the hard drive needs to be replaced.

Once you create or buy the usb, then you update this ticket if you need help installing. (sounds like you already

know exactly how to do that though. You are no novice).

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin