How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SladeV Your Own Question
SladeV, Computer Repairer
Category: Mac
Satisfied Customers: 39
Experience:  Attended college for computer networking an repair
Type Your Mac Question Here...
SladeV is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had a phone call in which I was told that my windows

Customer Question

I just had a phone call in which I was told that my windows security was " turned off". Finally I told him that I had aMac. HE started to tell me how to fix it.Iasked for the company web site,he said that it is WWW.CLICK FOR SUPPORT. He also said that I had paid this company $300 for this service. If so,it would have been years ago
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry to hear what you have told me so far: it sounds like some sort of scam.

Checking on the Web Site name you have mentioned, I find that it is listed as a malicious site, and has consumer protection warnings assoicated with it.

I think that you need to take several steps by and by.

The first step would be, to check on whether you have had repeated charges to your credit card, bank account, etc. The name to look for on your banking records would be


or something suggesting such a repeated payout.

They may have been taking money from you monthly or quarterly, and, as you no doubt suspect, fraudulently. A 'support' company that says Windows something is turned Off when you really have an Apple computer, rather suggests a fraud of some sort.

If such a periodic charge is discovered, you can ask your bank or credit union to stop all payments to that biller from henceforward.

Does this answer your question? if so, please rate my answer favorably. A five star rating would be appreciated!

If you need to know more, please Reply To Expert and I will advise you further.


Expert:  SladeV replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. I concur with what had been said, in addition I would ask for any papers that you were supposed to have gotten and file a law suit against them. If you look for a show called Scammed, I think it was the same thing was done but, said that they could extend car warranties