Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I get the error message on my ipad apple id has been disable

Customer Question
i get the error message on my ipad apple id has been disable
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2016
Mac Support Specialist: huebelhoer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
huebelhoer
huebelhoer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi My name is ***** ***** I am the expert that is going to assist you today.

When an Ipad shows that its been "disabled" this just means that the password ***** put in incorrectly too many times

Have you tried the password ***** times?

Here is a chart that shows you how long you must wait, depending on how many failed password ***** you try

1 to 5 No wait

6 - 1 minute

7- 5 Minutes

8- 15 minuts

9- 60 minutes

So, over time the Ipad will become re enabled and allow you to log in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i contacted my apple support and was told to change my password.

Do you need help with the steps to do that, or have you done that already?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
idid still am getting same message ihave already did this

ok, so the thing is, your apple account password, is not the same password ***** you use to log into your Ipad

That password ***** login to your ipad is one you set in the Ipad settings and is only used to Log onto the Ipad. The password ***** you reset is the password ***** to Purchase things from app store etc...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is

How did they have you reset your password, on the Icloud Site?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not on the icloud site just ipad

Did they have you try to reset it through Itunes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Because the only way to reset a password ***** an Ipad is to Wipe it. This will erase all data on the Ipad. Then once you get back into the Ipad it will re sync with I cloud and will restore you data. But you must remember your Icloud Password ***** it to do that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
donot have a separte password ***** ihave is a password ***** my ipad id

Do you Sync your Ipad with Itunes on your computer? or just use Icloud?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
icloud

Ok, do you want to erase your Ipad from your Icloud account? Then you can reset it back up

Are you able to log in at https://www.icloud.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will i lose all my games and PICTURES

They are synced to your icloud account.

Do you use Photo Stream?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO they are just on my ipad

Can you please here in your browser https://www.icloud.com/ Put in your icloud email and password. Let me know if you get logged in

Once your in there will be a Photo Button Please click on that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no photo button there

Ok, I just wanted to be Certain that your Photos didn't sync to icloud at some point. When you Sign into your Ipad did you use a Number pin? Or a combo of Letters and numbers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
letters #'s

Unfortunately the only way you can backup your photos, is to be able to log in, and sync them to a computer. Not even Apple is able to Access an Ipad that has a password ***** is locked. The only options we have is to continue to try the password, or to reset the Ipad from Icloud so you can gain access to it again. I will tell you that you wont loose your apps or games, but you would loose Photos.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i will back up my pictures on my desk top computer. and will reset the ipad

Do you see in the Icloud where to do that?

Go to Find Iphone or Ipad > Select the Drop down in the middle and choose your ipad > and then in the top right click Erase Ipad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i now have the photo stream

Do you see all of your Photos in the photo stream?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are not there is that good are bad

That means that you do not have the Sync setup so they are only stored on your Device. But you had said earlier that you only store them on the device. If they were in Icloud that would certainly be better because then you are never able to loose them they always stay in the cloud. Once this issue is resolved I suggest that you turn on that feature in the settings of your Ipad so that you will always have them backed up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok what next yhat i need to do

have you plugged your Ipad into your desktop yet?

What version of Windows are you running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10 yes it is plougged in

Ok, when you go to Start > File Explorer > This PC do you see your Ipad Show up there?

ok double click on it and open folders

Your photos should be in one of more of those folders

Let me know if you find them

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
found them

Great, now using your mouse Highlight them all. Right Click on the highlighted pictures and choose "Copy" Then Go back to your desktop > Right click with your mouse > Choose New > Choose Folder > name the folder or leave it called New Folder either one will work. Then once the folder is there double click to open it. Now inside of the folder Right Click and Choose "Paste" They should now begin Pasting

Once you have them Safely on your desktop in the new Folder we can wipe your Ipad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i have them saved on my desk top

ok great, now you can login to Icloud

then Go to Find Iphone or Ipad > Select the Drop down in the middle and choose your ipad > and then in the top right click Erase Ipad

It will remotely wipe your Ipad and you can set it back up. You will want to make sure when setting it back up that you Select your Last Backup from Icloud

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can't get signed on

Cant get signed onto Icloud? You were in there a little while ago correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no don't think so

Remember when I asked you to go to https://www.icloud.com/ and Logon and let me know if you see a Photos Button? You said you were logged in and there was no Photos button but then later you said it showed up. If you cannot sign onto Icloud.com you will have to go here https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and follow the steps to reset the Icloud Password.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got icloud now

Ok great, now once in Icloud Go to Find Iphone or Ipad (green button looks like this http://screencast.com/t/h1NwlbdS19Ip) > Select the Drop down in the middle and choose your ipad > and then in the top right click Erase Ipad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is telling me i need find my iphone app

ok you must not have find my iphone turned on. Since that is the case it will need to be reset using Itunes

Do you have Itunes installed?

Installed on your computer that is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no i donot

Ok it will need to be downloaded first by going here http://www.apple.com/itunes/?cid=OAS-US-DOMAINS-itunes.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok got it dw

Ok now connect your Ipad to your computer and Itunes should ask you to sign in. When you sign in use the same email and password ***** use for Icloud

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok got it

Now you want to Force restart it While your device is connected, force restart it by Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

You will see the option to Restore or Update, in itunes choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat the last steps to put the device back in recover

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this has got me no where.GOODNIGHT

If you live near an apple store, you can have them reset it to factory for you since we got your pictures off.

Im sorry Apple makes this process very hard.

huebelhoer
huebelhoer
huebelhoer, Computer Hardware Engineer