Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to get all the music from my old iPod classic

Customer Question
onto my MacBook air JA: Just...
I am trying to get all the music from my old iPod classic onto my MacBook air
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: MacBook Air is less than one year old, running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to use the sync function, but a pop up says if I sync it will erase all the music on my iPod and match the iPod to the Mac.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Are you using itunes to sync?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried to use iTunes, but that is where the program indicated it could sync my Mac library(new Mac, small library) onto my iPod (old iPod classic, big library) but it would erase everything that was on my iPod that was not on the Mac. I also have an iCloud account and I saw something on the web indicating that the I cloud could interfere with syncing through iTunes . . .
Mike, Mac Medic