Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Inadequate a terrible mistake, 't know what to do. Lost all

Customer Question

Inadequate a terrible mistake, don't know what to do. Lost all my pics & Tex by restoring instead of backing up
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 10 minutes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Google how to undo ,, but
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No just very important, need Tex and pics for work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to an iPhone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If you do a restore it makes a backup first you just missed the restore part at the end.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Turn off Find My iPhone then plug it in to your computer and open iTunes.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I can help you by remote or you can select the phone in iTunes then go to Summary and Restore Backup