Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How can I keep that pop-up keyboard on my ipad from doing

Customer Question

how can I keep that pop-up keyboard on my ipad from doing that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arlene,

Do you mean that you are using an actual keyboard and the on-screen keyboard pops up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my I Pad in a leather Kingington complete cover. so the keyboard is attached to the holder and the ipad slips into a pocket. most of the time the white ipad keyboard pop-up and all I want to use is the Kingsington keyboard. I went into settings and tried to change the query keyboard and the other two but it made no difference. annoying!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that the problem might have to do with the switch where you turn on the hard keyboard. sometimes it doesn't catch but then I could be using the hard keyboard and that darn I pad pop-up keyboard will come up and that shuts the hard keyboard down. so maybe it is the switch. I have a friend who has the same set up and NEVER HAS ANY PROBLEM with the pop up!!! I will check with the KINGSINGTON PEOPLE AND SEE IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS THEY KNOW ABOUT. Thank u for listening.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Try this..

Hold down the Power and Home button together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After the restart, check again.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.