Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

The light on my computer has darkened. How to I tun it back

Customer Question

The light on my computer has darkened. How to I tun it back on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two chances for this problem. Either the LCD backlight has failed or you have turned down brightness. To turn up, brightness press the F15 key at top bar on your keyboard to increase brightness. Or press fn and F15 (f14 to reduce brightness)

You will see a sun like logo on these keys. If that didn't work, press F1 or F2 and the brightness or f and f1 and f2

If that didn't work, then please do the following steps

First reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down the computer.

Unplug the power cord and also disconnect all other devices.

Wait 20 seconds.

Attach the power cord.

Wait five seconds,then press the power button to turn on the computer.

If that didn't work,then reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting