Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Every time I download the adobe flash player I still get a

Customer Question

Every time I download the adobe flash player I still get a blocked plug in message. How do I remove this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: probably months... I just have not had the time to fix it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: going into Safari preferences in security to check plug in, closing out computer, really nothing because I'm frustrated...:(
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This is usually caused by outdated flash player still being there. We can uninstall old flash player and install a new version.

Click this link and this will download the flash player uninstaller file --> https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg

After downloading, click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg" there. Double click on it to open. Then open flash player uninstaller file. Let it uninstall

Then download latest flash player from this link --> https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/22.0.0.209/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

After downloading, click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "install_flash_player_osx.dmg" there. Double click on it to open. Then open flash player installer file and install it.

Another option is, you can download another browser like Google Chrome and use it to browse internet. It has the plugin inbuilt and it will work. You can download Google Chrome from here -> https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.