Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Can i recall message i have sent form my macbook mail? the

Customer Question

can i recall message i have sent form my macbook mail?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: the macbook is 18 months old macbook air - the operating system is OS X
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have not - I've never had to really anyhtin
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it I think..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, no, you can not recall email messages from Macbook mail (or from Windows computer or tablet or any other device.) Once an email message is sent, it is instantly sent to the other person's email Inbox, so there is no way to recall.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It is similar to the way that once your postal mail is picked up by the post office, you cannot stop its delivery. Per privacy policy, the email provider is not allowed to get into the other person's email Inbox and look through or delete his/her emails. The only thing you can do is to send another email message and ask the person not to read your previous email message. When sending any email message, make sure to check carefully both the name and email address of any recipient as some names and addresses are similar.

Also, if you use Gmail email, there is an option called "Undo Send"; if you enable that option, then it will allow you to cancel sending an email message within 30 seconds of sending it. If you'd like to know more about this, please let me know.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Do you still have any further question about this? And/or do you need anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,