Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Several playlists on the computer will n to transfer to mu

Customer Question
itouch. some do...
several playlists on the computer will n to transfer to mu itouch. some do some don't on several playlists 2 o3 out of 20 don't transfer. i see the song titles on the itouch but in gray and next to the song number is ***** broken circle. its a new touch and i haven't this problem on any others.
thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
7/10/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi Ken

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi pete. i can't figure out how i'm supposed to see your response. thanks

Thanks for replying back to me, you were offline when I responded previously.

Try creating a new library and see if the problem still occurs.

To create a new library on a Windows PC, hold down the shift key then run iTunes. A dialog will come up and you can create a new library or select an existing one. After making note of where your original library is, create a new one. Bring in some music, then try it again. If it works, you know there is something wrong with your existing library.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete. I'm on a Mac. It's wierd. The playlist on the computer is intact and everything plays. To redo this many playlists ain't gonna happen. All the playlists transferred to other devices without any problem. On the I touch I'm seeing the broken circles symbol for every song that did not come thru. What does that mean. Thx Pete.

Could you try recreating the library on your Mac?

In the Music folder in your home folder, let me know if there is a Library.xml file?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi pete. kind of tied up today. i'll look tonight. if you want you can go direct to my email address unless you're not allowed to.
***@******.***
thanks

Hi Ken,

that's alright, you can try it whenever you get a chance, and let me know if it works.

Pete.

Pete, Computer Engineer