Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have accidentally saved over an excel document. How can I

Customer Question

I have accidentally saved over an excel document. How can I recover it
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have been trying to find a way to recovery it for about 30 minutes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have looked online and seen details that I need to through excel open the last version of the file, click on file and then click revert to, but there is no revert to option
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Which version of Excel do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Office 2011
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Check this file location to see previously saved version of Excel files.

In the Finder, find automatically saved files in /Users/ username/Library/Application Support/ Microsoft/Office/Office 2011 AutoRecovery.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Josh but I have tried that and I can't find users in the in the Finders option
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Look for Library instead of "users"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found library and went through the other folders as outlined above but nothing at the end of it. Looks like I have lost the file.Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. I wish it was recoverable.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.