Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have Apple TV 4th generation. I want to save data,

Customer Question
music/videos, on the hard drive...
I have Apple TV 4th generation. I want to save data, music/videos, on the hard drive of the Apple TV from my IPad. I came across a tutorial explaining that Apple doesn't actually want this to happen. He explained that using an app, One Video Light version, I could make this happen. He shows how to do this and recognizes is "nas" and other folder on the One Video... I have sharing enabled between my Apple TV and my IPad both using the same user name...
I can't find my IPad on the Apple TV.....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
7/7/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to clarify what exactly you need help with? Is your goal to watch the Apple TV as it plays videos from the iPad?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to save data onto the Apple TV hard drive so I can independently play videos and music from the Apple TV. The more I research I understand that an app called "one video" will allow you to do that but I can't seem to " see my IPad from this app in order the collect the data. I also understand that Apple doesn't want you to load and save data on the Apple TV hard drive.. Even though the apple salesman told me this is what I want to use in order to achieve my goal... Go to: www.appletvhacks.net/2015/11/25/how-to-save-media-files-music-movies-to-your-apple-tv-4-hard-drive-offline-video/
Scroll down to the video and forward to 7 minutes in and watch if you like... Explain how he got the folders onto the app before he copies the one example...

It is disheartening to hear that the Apple salesperson told you that you could do this on the Apple TV because that is not true. The Apple TV's hard drive is meant only to be used to house it's own operating system and the applications that you choose to install. If you have a smaller drive on the Apple TV, it may only be able to hold a few movies.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear, but that is the truth. There are ways to unlock the TV that may give you the ability to try do this, but odds are that it will not work. In the process of unlocking it, you may also damage the internal Apple tv system rendering it useless.

Is there anything else that I can help with? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you.... So I will not be charged for your input...?

If you don't want the website to give me credit for my time, I can send up the refund for you now. I have no control over the truth; I can only report it.

Jason Jones, Mac Technician