Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My father in law had to change s hard drive on s Mac desktop

Customer Question

My father in law had to change his hard drive on his Mac desktop and now his Apple ID is not recognized
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Today and verified but still will not allow updates
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Changing the password ***** Id
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It is not the original email he used o purchase it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on Mac App Store, then click on Store option at the top, then click on Sign out if shown, then click on Sign in and sign in with your current email address and Apple ID password.

- Then uninstall / trash any app that is associated with your old Apple ID account / old email address. And/or open Launchpad icon, then click and hold on an app icon until all all the app icons begin shaking. Then click on the "x" button of the app you want to delete, then click on Delete.

, then install it again in App Store.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,