Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I'm trying to figure out how to get old direct messages off

Customer Question

Hi - I'm trying to figure out how to get old direct messages off of twitter
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started looking today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well twitter says they only display 100 msgs in their interface, and the older msgs are stored in their database somewhere
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: sure be curious if they've come across this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you want a hard copy of your tweets, starting from your very first one you need to download your archive.. Heres how

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-archive-old-DMS-on-Twitter

With that being said, you can also use a search function such as snap bird, on this page

http://snapbird.org/

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I tried the archive but that only captured tweets, not direct messages. I also was able to search for messages on snapbird but I could not download them. Any tools you are aware of to download the direct messages?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

There are paid tools that can create a true archive ( including your Dm's ) that way you can also search or print out y our direct messages.

Im not aware of any free tools as of yet that do this.. But archive social is a company that can arhive direct messages and make them searchable for record keeping or other purposes.

http://archivesocial.com/

Dustin S.