Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I dropped my Ipad and it doesn't want to open, 5 hours, I

Customer Question
I dropped my Ipad and...
I dropped my Ipad and it doesn't want to open
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 5 hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put it on charge and tried to reset it but it doesn
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi

Hold the power and home button at the same time for 10 seconds

Regards

K

On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not working, can I have the money back
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets discuss repair options, how long have you had your ipad? And whats the model of ipad you have ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have an Apple and I have it for 2 years

Youre either going to have to pay someone to fix this, or replace it. That much is clea. For that reason, while the repair I am going to recommend sounds unorthodox, you can read in the comments section on this page where its worked many times before.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/75132/Dropped+iPad+and+now+display+is+not+working+correctly.

What you want to do is find a table.. Now, with the screen facing up. Lift the ipad about 6 inches and drop it flat on its back.. let it smack the table. ( screen facing up!)

Then, hold the sleep wake and home buttons and try to reset it and see if it comes on.

Worst case scenario, use a little force and bang it on the table.. It needs to be flat and screen up. keep in mind, were not trying to break it further, but just jolt it out of its current state. Try that a few times.. You may actually get it working!

If not, then you will need to consider a repair service such as this.

https://www.icracked.com/repair3/device

Good luck, and let me know if the above trick works!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Support Specialist