Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I think i lost all my pictures on my i phone

Customer Question
i think i lost all my pictures on my i phone
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 1 year ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi Susan! I'd love to help if I can. What happened that makes you think you lost all of your photos?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i hit the photo icon on my phone they are no longer there and they were there 30 minutes ago

Hmmm...I see. In your Photos app, click the Albums icon at the bottom, and then look for a "folder" there called RECENTLY DELETED. Click into that. Are your photos there?

If so, click SELECT in the upper-right corner, and then tap on each photo you'd like to restore. Once you've selected them all, tap RESTORE in the lower-right corner.

If they're not in the RECENTLY DELETED folder, please let me know and we'll look elsewhere!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are only albums which say 2011 and 2012. in recently deleted it says no photos or videos

Thanks for the information. Have you already powered your iPhone off and then back on?

Do your photos still appear in iCloud? Please visit icloud.com, and login there with your Apple ID. Click the link for Photos. Please let me know what you find there!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont see an icloud icon on my phone screen. do i do it via internet?

Sorry for not having clarified. Yes, you will want to access icloud.com on the internet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i do that it is asking me whether i want to set up i could on this device - im in a mess arnt i!!!

I think you'll be okay! Tell it to setup iCloud on the device, and sign in with your Apple ID.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if i do the secure connect with you can you do this?? and anything else that you might think of? - i think i reset the phone when i thought i was sending the photos to my computer

I'm afraid we're unable to remotely connect to your iPhone (that service works on PCs only). However, I could remotely connect to your computer and see if we can find your Photos hiding somewhere there, if you'd like?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all i did was plug my phone into my computer. then it asked if i wanted to "reset" i think was the word - i think i did that. i have been in germant for the past month - and i dont think i had i could on - although i sure got a lot of data charges.....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry for my spelling - i dont think I cloud was on.... i was in Germany

The "reset" message you saw -- did it appear on your computer or on your iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont know - but my phone "started over" - like it said hello and new set up...
just now last years germany pictures just popped up on my computer
i looked in deleted just now and there are some pictures from 2016 germany that say 29 days left under them? is that helpful?

Yes, that gives us some hope that we can retrieve these! I've sent you an offer for remote assistance, as I think I'll best be able to help that way. However, we can continue working together via chat instead if you'd rather.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK i just found them on my computer in ALBUMS - how do i save them? and can i put them back into my I phone also?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i clicked accept this offer and i wants me to go bactk to my accound - i dont want to lose the connection to you so whay should i do

Sure! Let's get connected and I'll help you. Let's not worry about the fees or anything else (I've lost photos before myself, and I know this is stressful...so this will be at no extra charge).

When you are ready to proceed, please click this link from the computer on which we will be performing service:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a5ac4dd3-0914-4156-88b8-96ee36c2b796

You will be directed to a page on JustAnswer.com explaining our Secure Remote Assistance service and presenting you our terms and conditions. After you have read these through, please click on the green I ACCEPT button to continue. You will then be prompted to download a file named Elsinore Screen Connect Client. Once that download has completed, simply run (double-click) that file to be connected to me!

Mike, Mac Medic