Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My iPad won't accept my fingerprint or password and after

Customer Question

My iPad won't accept my fingerprint or password ***** after several attempts is disabled, I need some help to get back in.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: After an update a few weeks ago I think.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing just kept retrying password.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Did turn off and restart, didn't help....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that.....
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Take your time, and let me know if you get stuck at any point of if this doesnt work for you. ( please be as detailed as possible in your reply so I can understand the point of failure and help you past it )

Otherwise, if all goes well please remember to return here and click and submit a rating.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned IPad off an back on and it still says iPad disabled......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reset password ***** iTunes before trying...
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

In that case, were going to have to restore the ipad using itunes.. Heres how

https://www.engadget.com/2014/02/11/how-to-fix-an-ipad-thats-been-disabled-after-entering-the-wrong/

If youd prefer, I can even connect to your mac or PC and help you restore the ipad through itunes, directly and on screen.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin, you still there??????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do it from my wife's iPad, that's what I'm currently using???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't lose everything in iPad currently by restoring will I????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at my PC now can you help out here????
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

That depends.. if you had your ipad setup to backup through icloud. Then after you restore when you reconnect to the same icloud account, you can restore it from the latest icloud backup.

However, if you had it set to backup t hrough itunes on your mac or PC, t hen youd have to restore the backups through itunes.

You could check first.. try signing into the exact apple id you are using on your ipad via a web browser , here. https://www.icloud.com

Going there and signing in should let us see whether you have your contacts, pictures, etc.. backed up to icloud.. It should also let us see if your ipad is registered and has backups.

That way, we can be certain about whether you can recover your data or not, before you restore the ipad. But still, no matter what the ipad has to be restored at some point, if you want it to work again.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin, you there??
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's try the PC.....
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote support, if youd like me to connect to the pc and over see this process you would need to click and accept that offer.

Then, I will send you the connection steps to follow on the PC, so we can connect.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please connect, I'm lost......
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote support, that offer for more help would need to be clicked and accepted before I connect.

Are you not seeing the offer on screen, or the offer for more help through your email inbox>?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I never heard back from you.. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.