Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

IMac comes on with blank screen

Customer Question

iMac comes on with blank screen
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please press and hold down the power button on your iMac untill it shut down, Once you have done that find the Command, Option, P, and R keys on your keyboard. now turn on the machine and then press and hold the Command+Option+P+R keys at the same time and hold the keys down until you hear the startup chime 3 times then let go of the keys and let me know if the machine startup properly.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple emblem and scroll bar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
secure remote assistance please
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately I cannot connect remotely to your computer because you need to download a remote file to it, please follow the steps below and let me know the results :

press and hold down the power button on your iMac untill it shut down, Once you have done that find the Command, Option, P, and R keys on your keyboard. now turn on the machine and then press and hold the Command+Option+P+R keys at the same time and hold the keys down until you hear the startup chime 3 times then let go of the keys and let me know if the machine startup properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not start up, still just the apple logo and scroll bar
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok, please disconnect everything from the iMac and remove the power plug from the machine then press and hold the power button down for a full 30 seconds then reconnect the power, mouse and keyboard only then wait 5 seconds and let me know if you can now startup and press Command+Option+P+R like before till you hear the chime 3 times.

If nothing happens, tell me what does happen when you try to power up the imac?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

has everything worked out ?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help ?