Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an error 404 after trying to update my adobe. Just today. I looked in preferences to see if I had java...

Customer Question
Hi I have an error...
Hi I have an error 404 after trying to update my adobe flasher
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked in preferences to see if I had java and adobe enabled and I do. I downloaded a new flash player but that made the problem worse and turned it into a error 404
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no please help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: Cool.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please on which site you get the 404 error please?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Mike, Mac Medic