Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I'm trying to set up a vpn on my iPad, but I 't know what

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up a vpn on my iPad, but I don't know what "Secret" is. Also, I have my email set up to delete from server when I delete them (from the trash as well), but most of them come back. Help please.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I have my business extension, but my website & email is hosted by hostmonster.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I should say that it also happens with @pacbell.net as well as @gmail.com. I even just came home from the AT&T store just now and they said I should call Apple.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes. What is "Secret" when setting up vpn on iPad
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

I am looking into it .I will revert you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx.

Secret should be your VPN connection pre-shared key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a pre-shared key anywhere. Maybe it's called something else?
Also, you didn't answer my email question.

Go to Email settings for the account take the Advanced option, and have a look at the mail box behaviours for each of the Drafts, Send and Deleted mailbox and see where pointing .They should point to IMAP server directories.

It is the Key which is available in your VPN token.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out right now & I need to check my laptop for the settings. Please don't close the ticket yet.

Yes sure.