GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

How can I remove adsfrom hotmail, I got imac? sure, am

Customer Question

how can I remove adsfrom hotmail , I got imac ?
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job.
Customer: sure , am waiting
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just tried the microsoft personalized ads manager without success
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no , thanx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is***** agree. Those ads can be very annoying, but they are the price that we must pay for using Hotmail which is a free service. After all, if we don't pay to use Hotmail they have to make money from somewhere, and they make theirs from advertising. Hotmail does not offer an option for turning the ads off. Fortunately, there are ways around this. There are several add-ons that you can use in Firefox, which you can download and install on a MAC.

Use Webmail Ad Blocker to both hide and remove the space used by the ads. Click here to get it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7560.

Another Firefox addon is AdBlock Plus which blocks ads on all sites. Click here to get it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!