Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iPhone 5s is only two months old and it started

Customer Question
restarting and then going to...
My iPhone 5s is only two months old and it started restarting and then going to a blue screen and then repeating that same cycle :(
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since this morning after it died while I was out last night. No water damage, or dropping, just out of the blue
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Holding the home and power buttons at the same time
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't have a laptop here to do anything with my phone at the moment
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My friend set it HP on his computer and system for me and he has the latest updates and all that jazz
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
6/19/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. I understand that you don't have your laptop with you right now, so you will have to do this later when you have access to it.

You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Backup and complete that. Once it is complete, click the Restore button and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Backup button. Once that completes, click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason Jones, Mac Technician