Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

When I try to open a window airlines it says Safari can't

Customer Question

when I try to open a window for southwest airlines it says Safari can't open this window also will not let me into other sites as well.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

What is your OS X Version?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went all thru the system and got no answer. Am I still being charged.

I can see that the request for remote did not go through because of issues with payment. If you still want remote, you can speak to JustAnswer on 1(###) ###-####to get this processed, if not then we can continue here (Please provide me the OS X Version) for your MacOS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't find the osx version number

How old is the Mac?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 10 years old

Most probably, due to the outdated version of your MacOS the sites won't allow access. You'll have to use a different browser. On your Safari browser, go to www.google.com and type download chrome in the search box, then download and install Chrome. Run it and see if you're able to access the site then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to download and install. I get half way thru and I don't remember my password. too long ago

At what stage does it asks for the password? After you run the Chrome setup file? Thanks