Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an old G5 and when I turn on my G5, all I get is a blinking small world in the center of the screen???

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
6/14/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi there!

The blinking globe means that your system is trying to boot from the network.
You can try to reboot your system and press and hold the Option key. You should get several icons on your screen. One of them should be your system disk. You can either tab over to it or click on it, then hit return to boot from the internal disk.

If the internal disk is faulty, then a repair will be required.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?