Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Trying to add photo to my signature in Outlook. Have created

Customer Question
th new signature but ctl...
Trying to add photo to my signature in Outlook. Have created th new signature but ctl A only highlights the old text and ignores the new photo.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
6/13/2016
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please Bruce which version of outlook you are trying to do this in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Outlook 2007

Thanks

you cannot copy and paste the picture directly this way, it is required to be inserted

When your at the email signature page, you see a picture icon on the right, click that and select your picture to insert it.

The icon is to the left of the globe

Let me know how you go please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I tried that earlier it would not let me resize the image. When I try it again now after I select the image it just brings me back to the signature edit page with no image.

I think you corrupted the signature file, delete it, make a new one, then add the photo, then click it to resize please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard, I appreciate the offer but if we do it this way maybe I'll learn something. I've deleted the old signature, made a new one and attempted to insert a photo. Nothing happened, it just returned me to he signature edit page. I deleted the last signature, closed Outlook, then closed and restarted windows (7). Then I restarted windows, opened outlook and created a new signature. I got the same results when I tried to insert a photo.

try to insert a different photo.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
same result

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if you can insert a photo please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Completed scan and chkdsk neither took very long. No problems were noted after completion. Tried loading another photo (one not attempted yet) same results.

ok, open outlook, click Office Diagnostics from the help menu

Run a diagnostics and repair.

Once done, restart the computer and tell me if it now works please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All done. No change. Used 4 photos with no luck.

ok, close outlook

Click start, control panel.

Then search in the top right for mail then click it when it shows.

Then click on show profiles, then add a new profile.

Add your details and when done, on the show profiles screen, choose the option to have outlook as you which profile when opening.

Then choose the new profile and tell me if you can then add the photo please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, here we go. It has been loading the photo; just not showing the photo on the signature edit screen. If I close that screen and compose a new message, the new signature ( with photo) is there. It's much too large and I don't know how to save the downsized photo.

ok, resize it here please

http://www.picresize.com/

Then use the resize image

Let me know how you go

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pic is now sized properly, but not positioned where it should be. I can move it around on a new email, but not on the signature edit screen.

if you click where it should be, can you see the cursor change to move it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard,
Sorry to drop off; I was side tracked.
If I click where it should be all the curser will let me do is change the text. I can't move the image because it does not appear on the signature edit screen

If you try a different picture, does that show?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer