Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I'm have an iMac and a iPad. I just returned from six months

Customer Question

I'm have an iMac and a iPad. I just returned from six months in the hospital. my iPad work fine with my GMAIL connection but my iMac does not. I have reset the password ***** it still does not recognize any password. I need this to work in order to upgrade my apps. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What exact password ***** ***** Mac asking for ? Are you trying to update apps via App Store ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GMAIL < PW
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to update apps via App Store ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please delete my request. I received no answer and do not want a forty dollar charge every month. **** **********@******.*** -***@******.***
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Mark, you only have to pay if you are 100% satisfied and you don't have to subscribe if you are not interested. That is optional.

Re your problem, You don't need a Gmail password ***** update app. But it sounds like your Mac is asking for the Apple ID password. Apple ID would be your gmail address, but the password ***** ***** from gmail password.

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password. Then use that password ***** update your apps.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you